From: BON APPÉTIT APRIL 2013
Yield: Makes 4 servings Active Time:15 minutes Total Time:45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek, white and pale-green parts only, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise 1/2″ thick
- 1 celery stalk, sliced crosswise 1/2″ thick
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Lemon halves (for serving)
Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
Add leek and celery and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, 5-8 minutes.
Add chicken and broth; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a plate. Let cool, then shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
Meanwhile, return broth to a boil.
Add orzo and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
Remove pot from heat. Stir in chicken and dill. Serve with lemon halves for squeezing over.