6 cups cooked chicken (diced)
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 cup frozen green peas
3.8 ounces sliced black olives (drained)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup basil pesto
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thaw peas with in colander while you prep the other ingredients.
- Dice chicken into pieces about 3/4 inch and put into mixing bowl.
- Slice green onions, drain olives, and measure out peas.
- Whisk together mayo, pesto, and lemon juice to make the dressing.
- Mix desired amount of dressing into the chicken, tossing well so all the chicken is coated with dressing.
- Gently stir in the green onions, olives, and peas. (You might want to add a little more dressing if you didn’t use it all.)
- Season salad to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Salad can be chilled a few hours or served right away. It will keep overnight in the fridge, but you might want to add a little more dressing when you serve the leftovers.