Prep –> 20 min. Total time –> 30 min. Servings: 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta (farfalle)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint, parsley, or basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or pecorino cheese, plus more for serving, if desired
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add snap peas; cook 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon or a small sieve, scoop out vegetables; transfer to a bowl.
Return water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set pasta aside in colander.
In pasta pot,add tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, snap peas, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, cooked pasta, avocado, herbs and cheese. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with additional cheese, if desired.